Weisenberger Mill is located on South Elkhorn Creek in southern Scott County, Kentucky. The creek has provided water to power the mill’s twin turbines since the early 1800’s.
Six generations of Weisenbergers have operated the mill at its present location since 1865. August Weisenberger emigrated from Baden, Germany and began milling at Spring Station (near Midway, Kentucky) in 1862. He purchased the mill at the current location in 1865. His son, Phillip, the second generation to operate the mill, replaced the old mill with a completely new one in 1913. His son, Augustus, joined him in 1920. In the early 1950’s, Phil Weisenberger (son of Augustus) took over the operation. The present owner is Phil’s son, Ernest.
In the early years, the mill’s primary products were soft wheat flour and white cornmeal. Due to customer demand, Weisenberger Mill now offers more than seventy products.
Weisenberger products can be found on-line at www.weisenberger.com and at the Kentucky Artisan Center in Berea.